Observer

"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope." Samuel Johnson

Monday, December 13, 2010

Netiquette.

(One act Play)




{Setting: A bedroom. A Computer table and two chairs are seen at the right side of the room. There is study table at the left side of the room, on it some text books and English magazines lying carelessly. A cot is seen at the middle of the room}

When the curtain rises Manu is seen enjoying music on his head phone. He walks in the room casually enjoying the music (rap music in the background). While he continues his music a calling bell is heard in the background. He doesn’t hear it in the first time. Bell repeats twice.

Johny: Hey, Manu. Where are you? Manu, Manu

Manu: (taking his head phone) Hey. Who’s that?

Johny: Hey Manu, I’m Johny.

Manu: Johny! Get in. The door is open.

Manu: (warmly welcomes and hugs) Hello Johny, How are you?

Johny: I’m fine yaar. (Looking around doubtfully) Where’s your mother?

Manu: She has gone to Office.

Johny: Your father?

Manu: He has gone for a business tour.

Johny: Oh! Thank god. (He takes a CD packet from his pocket, gives it to Manu).

Manu: How was it?

Johny: Wow! I couldn’t sleep last night. (He moves to the computer) Hey, Manu. Have you got any new Games?

Manu: Yes, I’ve got a new one.

Johny: How is it?

Manu: It’s really amazing. You know it’s a war game. Killing……Killing…… You’ll like it. I’ll show you. (He moves to the computer)

Manu: (operating the computer. Sound of the game is seen in the background) How is it?

Johny: (Excitingly) Yes, Kill him. Yes kill the other. Take the automatic gun. Yes, you did it. (He claps his hands excitingly. Manu smiles at him and continues his game)

Manu: (Excitingly rises his hand in the air) Yes. I’ve won the game.

(Manu walks from the seat to the centre)

Johny: Manu. You are simply great. How skillfully you play these games. I’m really jealous of you.

Manu: (Smiling) there’s nothing great Johny. It’s only taste and practice.

Johny: I really like to play these kinds of thrillers. I love the killings and blood.

Manu: (Smiling) Hey. I’ve a clipping of a real murder. Do you want to see it?

Johny: (Excitingly) yes, where did you get that?

Manu: I downloaded it from internet.

(Manu goes back to the computer and works in it)

Manu: Look at it. How they cut his head. Look at the blood.

Johny: (Looks at it interestingly) Wow! It’s beautiful.

(Calling bell in the background)

Manu: (Loudly) who’s there? (Johny goes to the door)

Johny: It’s Rahul and Kiran.

Manu: Welcome you guys. We’re waiting for you. You people come at the right time.

Johny: Let’s finish the clipping. (Manu continues his work on the computer. Everyone looks on the monitor)

Rahul: (Shockingly) what’s this?

Johny: The real killing! (Smiles) Manu, Please play it again.

Kiran: What are they doing? (Doubtfully)

Johny: Don’t talk, just watch it.

Rahul: O God! They are cutting his head. (Moves away from the computer)

Johny: (Excitingly) I haven’t seen such a clipping in my life.

Rahul: I don’t like these clipping.

Manu: (To Johny) I have another clipping. Do you want to see it?

Johny: I love it. What’s that?

Manu: It’s a real rape scene.

Rahul: (Angrily) stop it! Don’t see such things. It’ll spoil you.

Johny: I’m really excited. Don’t listen to him.

Kiran: Hay friends! Have you done your Physics assignment?

Johny: You stupid! You spoiled my mood. (Moves away from the table)

Manu: (With desperation) yes, you spoiled mine too.

(Everyone moves to the centre and sits on the cot)

Johny: (Moves forward) Hey! Have you done your impositions?

Manu: Oh! I hate Physics.

Kiran: I hate that teacher. She always scolds me. Sometimes for nothing.

Johny: If we don’t complete the assignment and impositions, she will throw us from the class. That’s sure.

Manu: What do we do now?

Johny: I’ll kill the bitch.

Rahul: (Painfully) don’t call our teacher like that.

Kiran: Oh! It hurts him. He is her pet.

Rahul: Yes, I like her, she is a good teacher.

Johny: Do something to drive her away from our school. I just don’t want to see her face any more.

Manu: Yes! I’ve a plan. (Calls everyone to the computer) Now you’ll salute me for this.

Kiran: Who’s this? (Smiles)

Johny: It’s her, the Physics monkey.

Rahul: How did you get this?

Manu: At the time of Onam vacation, I took her photo in my mobile.

Johny: What are you going to do with this?

Manu: I’m going to morph her picture with a nude picture of a model. (With a smile) Look at it. How is it?

Kiran: It looks really nice. What do we do now?

Manu: Now I’m going to upload this picture with a hot story into a very hot web site.

Johny: That means we are going to make her popular from today. (Smiles)

Rahul: Don’t do that. I won’t allow you to do it. Manu, Hey don’t do it. She is our teacher. It will spoil her career and family. Don’t do that.

(Rahul pulls Manu from his seat. Johny slaps on his face. Rahul pulls Johny and disturbs Manu. Johny hits him hard, but he awakes from there and disturbs others.)

Johny: Hey, Rahul don’t disturb us. I’ll kill you.

(Rahul disturbs others. Everyone comes at Rahul, forcing him down and kicking him with their legs and arms. Pause. Rahul and Johny move to the computer)

Kiran: (Taking the face of Rahul in his hand) Rahul. Rahul…………. (Shockingly puts it down) Oh my god.

Manu, Johny. Oh! What we did? I think he is dead.

(Manu and Johny come near to Rahul. They also call him)

Johny: (Shockingly) yes, he is dead. (All run away from the room with fear)

Curtain

No comments: