Observer

"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope." Samuel Johnson

Monday, December 13, 2010

Three Roses

(One act Play)

Setting: Class room

A bench and desk are seen at the left side of the stage. Two girls seen sitting on the bench happily. Another girl comes from left.

Girl: Excuse me. Is it Plus one Science class?

1 Girl : Yes. It is.

Girl: Hai, I’m Sophie. I’m the new admission in the class.

1 Girl: Nice to meet you. I’m Vaheeda and this is my friend Veena.

Veena: Hai Sophie nice to meet you.

Teacher comes in to the class-Students move to their seats

Students: Good morning teacher.

Teacher: Good morning. My name is Raji. I’ll be your class teacher for this year. I teach English to you. Feel free to tell any thing. Ok

Shall we begin our class?

Students: Yes teacher.

Teacher: Then all of you please take your text book. Today we are going to learn a new story.

Scene 2

Setting : Class room

Students come in to the class

Sophie: Hey friends. Did any one rag you yesterday?

Vaheeda: Yes, the seniors came and told me to sing a song in English loudly.

Sophie: Then what you did?

Vaheeda: I sang a song.

Sophie: You should complain to the principal.

Vaheeda: There is no need of that. I think it’s a normal thing. My father told me that when he was in the college he used to rag the juniors. It’s a usual practice in the colleges.

Veena: We can enjoy some of the jokes but when it crosses the limit. I think we should object that.

Vaheeda: Just leave it. It will make things worse.

Teacher comes into the class

Students: Good morning teacher.

Teacher: Good morning. Have you done your home work.

Students: Yes teacher.

Scene:3

Class room

All the three girls come into the class.

Veena: Did you notice, that tall boy in the plus two took our photo in his mobile. We should complain to the principal now itself.

Vaheeda: I didn’t see that. Nothing would happen. What would they do with our photo?

You unnecessarily creating problems.

Sophie: I don’t know what to do. I too don’t want to make a problem.

Scene: 4

Setting: Garden

Veena is seen crying on a bench- Vaheeda and Sophie come near to her.

Vaheeda: What’s wrong with you? Why are you crying?

Sophie: Hey what happened?

Veena: Yesterday I told you that boy in the plus two classes took our photo in his mobile. Today he showed some pictures to me.

Vaheeda: whose pictures?

Veena: That was obscene pictures of girls.

Sophie: What?

Veena: They have our face

Sophie: He might have edited our picture through morphing? What should we don now?

Vaheeda: Should we complain to the Principal?

Veena: No. He warned me that if we complain he will send the picture to every one through blue tooth or internet.

Sophie: Then what should we do?

Vaheeda: Then, it is better we should talk to them directly.

Sophie: That’s a good idea.

Scene 5

Veena is seen sitting on the bench. Vaheeda and sophie come there with crying faces.

Veena: What happened? What they said?

Vaheeda: They are too bad. They told us to go with them tomorrow to a place.

Veena: What?

Sophie: Yes. They said it. If we disobeyed, they will definitely upload our picture to internet.

Veena: How can I go to my home? My parents have a lot of dreams on me. When they hear about it, they would kill themselves. I can’t see that.

Sophie: I cannot face my parents as well.

Vaheeda: I too can’t face it. What should we do then?

Veena: It’s better to die than living like that.

Sophie: Why shouldn’t we do that? Yes we could die together.

Veen, Vaheeda: Yes, We agree that.

Scene 6

Setting class room

Three girls seen sitting on a bench embracing each other. Three cool drink bottles seen on the desk

Vaheeda: This is our last moment. We mixed the rat poison in that cool drink bottles. Now it’s the time for us to say good bye to this world.

Veena: I just want to escape from this cruel world.

Sophie: Are you ready to die?

Veena, Vaheeda: Yes

They take the bottles and drink the cool drink painfully.

They show the pain on their face and fall on the ground, groan….grunt ….. and finally lay down still.

Curtain

No comments: