Observer

"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope." Samuel Johnson

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Memoir of a beautiful journey - "Moments with Sagarrani"

An excursion is always an enjoyable experience to man. If it is a staff tour definitely the enjoyment will be double. It gives an opportunity for the entire staff of an organization to travel together and enjoy the little time forgetting the stress and strain of their daily life. Some people believe that it will improve the relationship between the colleagues and it gives an opportunity to know their family. But whatever it is, one thing is quite clear “Staff tour is always a good idea”.

Yesterday I got an opportunity to be a part of a staff tour. It was conducted to the staff of C.M.Govt.HSS Kuttur, Thrissur. I was invited to the tour only because the staff loves me that much. I was with them for three years from 2006 to 2009. I had a little hesitation in the beginning to accept the invitation but at last I decided to join with them in their happy moments.

It was a memorable journey to Kochi, the Queen of Arabian Sea. The main attraction of the trip was the cruise in the Sagarrani ship, run by the Inland water transport corporation of Kerala government. It was a nice experience to everyone because majority of the people were traveling in a ship for the first time. Narration, food, music and dance, everything gave something to everyone to remember something in the future. In the return journey we went to Vallarpadam Church and Cherai Beach. Every moment was giving something to me for cherishing in the days coming . In the journey I recollected those faces, which were not with us in this journey. Some were retired from service and some were absent due to some reasons. But I was really missing them especially the former HM Usha teacher, Sarojini teacher etc.

Most valuable for me were those moments which I had with my past colleagues. The moments with Biju master, Murali master, Resmi teacher, Girijakshan master, Aniyan master and the others were really valuable to me. I got an impression that I returned in the olden wooden bench in the staff room of Kuttur school.

In the end of the journey I could only express my thanks to my friends and Sagarrani for giving something memorable for the days to come.

No comments: